Summary of Position
Support Chief Credit Risk Manager with managing the Bank’s lending portfolio activities, with special emphasis on minimizing risk to ensure credit quality and earnings.
- Adjudication of Credits in accordance with delegated lending limit, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Portfolio management and recovery of loans; this includes analyzing economic conditions, loan losses and trends and loan product concentrations/diversification to enable a favorable credit risk environment.
- Monitor and control the performance of all loans and overdrafts, including staff loans.
- Monitor adherence to lending policies, procedures and Central Bank regulations.
- Prepare and distribute credit information covering loan quality trends, growth trends, loan product concentrations and sectoral analysis, working closely with branches in reviewing such topics and assessing the impact on the Bank’s loan portfolio.
- Cross-check and confirm accuracy of all data, facts and figures to be presented to the Chief Credit Risk Manager or higher level.
- Training and Development of Credit officers in accordance with the Bank’s credit policies and best practices.
- Assist in overall management of the Credit Risk Department.
- A University Degree in a related discipline.
- Eight years’ experience in banking with at least five years in retail and commercial lending.
- Experience and knowledge in financial statement analysis.
- Knowledge of related Bank of Guyana regulations, Financial Institutions Act, AML & CFT Laws, Companies Act, local banking compliance regulations, and other applicable laws.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures with the ability to plan department or Bank activities, developing policies and procedures.
- Must be computer literate and have the ability to work comfortably using Microsoft suite of products.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team Oriented
An attractive package will be offered commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their applications and resumes by 5th December, 2020 marked “Vacancy – Manager Credit Risk”
Manager Human Resources Department
Guyana Bank for Trade & Industry Limited
High & Young Streets
Only suitable applicants will be contacted.